Every day, the Fine Arts Department is engaged in making a difference in the lives of students.
|The Rockwood Fine Arts Department's curriculum teaches students: |
- To find their individual strengths
- To set and achieve the highest standards
- To create, produce, and perform in the arts
- To value diversity and the products of all cultures
- To critically analyze works of art from masterpieces to mass culture
- To understand works of art in the context in which they were created
- To communicate their dreams
- To reflect upon their accomplishments
- To stretch themselves by overcoming challenges
- To become artists
- To appreciate the arts
|The federal government states language in No Child Left Behind. Under Title V, Subpart 15 strengthening arts education in our schools:|
The purposes of this subpart are the following:
With this new focus on the quality of arts education for all students, it is imperative that our district continue to develop fine arts curricula based on the state standards and benchmarks. These standards and benchmarks, as stated in the Show-Me State Standards lay the foundation for all fine arts instruction in every public elementary, middle and high school in the state.
- To support systemic education reform by strengthening arts education as an integral part of the elementary school and secondary school curriculum
- To help ensure that all students meet challenging State academic content standards and challenging state student academic achievement standard in the arts.