A solid foundation in the Social Studies is necessary for students to develop into responsible and productive members of our world community.
As a result of their education in the Rockwood Social Studies Program, Rockwood School District students will:
- Use critical thinking skills.
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of active citizens.
- Identify democratic values and principles embodied in the Constitution and fundamental charters of freedom.
- Use interpersonal skills such as cooperation, adaptability, and conflict resolution.
- Develop understanding for cultural diversity at the local, state, national, and global levels.
- Use available resources to research and process information in a changing world.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
- Recognize spatial, historical, political, social, and economic relationships.
- Connect the past with the present and future.
- Demonstrate characteristics of life-long learners.