A solid foundation in the Social Studies is necessary for students to develop into responsible and productive members of our world community.
In an effort to produce a curriculum that meets the needs of our students in Rockwood, our curricular work has been guided by recommendations from teachers and students, the Missouri Learning Standards, and the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework for social studies state standards.
As a result of their education in the Rockwood Social Studies Program, Rockwood School District students will:
- Use critical thinking skills.
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of active citizens.
- Identify democratic values and principles embodied in the Constitution and fundamental charters of freedom.
- Use interpersonal skills such as cooperation, adaptability, and conflict resolution.
- Develop understanding for cultural diversity at the local, state, national, and global levels.
- Use available resources to research and process information in a changing world.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
- Recognize spatial, historical, political, social, and economic relationships.
- Connect the past with the present and future.
- Demonstrate characteristics of life-long learners.